There are many parts of digital marketing that are tedious and skipped by those unwilling to dig deep and take the extra steps necessary for big results. Fortunately, there are also excellent tools out there for smart marketers to make these tasks more bearable and to gain more value from the time you invest in them.
Manual outreach is an effective way to network with the top voices in your industry while gaining links to your best content that will expose your brand to their audience and have a powerful effect on your search engine optimization (SEO). Despite these huge advantages, this is an area many marketers avoid diving into. The biggest obstacles are understanding how beneficial this can be for an online business, not understanding how to go about doing it effectively, being overly discouraged by the amount of rejection involved, or not understanding how to evaluate the results to see if the campaign was effective or not.
Not all of us want to hire a SEO company to find prospects in their niche. Many of us love the grind and want to do everything in house. For outreach, there are three big contenders in software you can use for your manual outreach campaign, and all of them work to help you overcome these obstacles and run an effective and productive campaign.
The big three are Pitchbox, BuzzStream, and NinjaOutreach.
The Key Features of NinjaOutreach vs Pitchbox vs BuzzStream
- Find new prospects through their search feature. They have data on bloggers and Instagram and Twitter influencers. You can filter your results based on metrics for their social media profiles or SEO metrics.
- They have a Google Chrome extension that makes it faster to find leads.
- You can create your own email templates.
- They have pre-made email templates.
- Schedules your email campaigns.
- Analytics for tracking the results of your campaigns.
- You can find new prospects using their data. You can find influencers using keywords for your niche to find relevant profiles in your industry.
- .When you start a new campaign, you can put in what your goal for the campaign is to better track your results and remember your intentions later.
- Integrates with multiple email clients.
- Email templates to speed up writing your messages.
- Automate your follow-up emails to your prospects.
- They will monitor the link you build with this campaign.
- The analytics compiled on your campaigns offer information on each step of the campaign for tracking your results.
- Works with a team.
- Find new prospects for your guest posts. You can research social profiles, contact information, and site metrics on prospective influencers to contact.
- Offers a Chrome extension for their services.
- There is a Link Monitoring Tab for tracking who links to you and with what anchor text.
- Track your relationship history with your contacts for better relationship building. BuzzStream will organize your emails and tweets so you can make sure you’re up to date on your past exchanges.
- This software can be used with a team.
- Analyze your results with tracked performance.
Comparing The Features of NinjaOutreach vs Pitchbox vs BuzzStream
NinjaOutreach has a very popular Google Chrome extension. While others have this feature, it’s most notable on NinjaOutreach. Their analytics are solid and so are their personalized templates. They have a strong database of prospects. The more you learn how to use this software, the more useful it becomes. The biggest complaint people have had with NinjaOutreach is that many have reported bad experiences with their customer support.
Buzzstream is a strong SEO link building tool. It has been updated over time to continue adding more features to make it more useful. Its biggest downfall is that while it’s easy to use, it may take more time to organize your workflow on here. If you’re willing to take the time to structure your account and get used to using it, this can be a powerful tool.
If you aren’t able to spend time structuring how you will use BuzzStream, you may end up not using it or taking advantage of the number of features it has. It’s easy to miss all it can do.
Pitchbox is a good balance of features while also being intuitive and easy to use. It has a well-structured workflow that means you can hop on this program and get started building campaigns with little worry about organizing things for yourself. While you can get started right away, it will still take some time to become a master at this program.
All three of these services update their pricing frequently, so always double check what they have on offer.
In the past, NinjaOutreach has offered four different pricing plans. Right now, they offer three. They are called Flex, Pro, and Enterprise. Their Flex plan is $49 a month, billed yearly, and offers 50,000 emails a month. Their Pro plan is $149 a month, billed yearly, and offers 100,000 emails a month. To get information on Enterprise pricing, you will need to contact them.
NinjaOutreach offers a 7 day risk-free trial period. This is a great way to test this software out. However, please note that many users have previously said it was difficult to cancel their subscription or delete their credit card information on NinjaOutreach. Their website says it is risk free and they have a 100% guarantee. If you sign up for the trial and wish to cancel the service before payment, cancel a few days before the 7 day cutoff to ensure they cancel your payment in time.
Buzzstream has four pricing options. They are called Starter, Group, Professional, and Customer. The Starter plan gives you 1,000 contacts and 30 prospecting searches for $24 a month. The Group plans give you 25,000 contacts and 250 prospecting searches for $99 a month. The Professional plan gives you 100,000 contacts and 1,000 prospecting searches for $299 a month. The custom plan gives you over 300,000 contacts and over 4,000 prospecting searches, and starts at $999 a month. The custom plan goes up the more features you need for your custom plan.
On the first three plans, they offer a 14 day free trial period.
Pitchbox does not advertise their pricing. Third-party websites have made claims about what the s<oftware costs, but the prices are wildly different. They ask that you contact their company for a demo on how to use the software before they offer you pricing on their services. You can book a demo using a scheduler on their website.
Which to Choose?
All three of these SEO tools are meant to help you reach the same overall goal: accomplishing a strong link building campaign that will give you trackable results. They have all three approached this goal with varying tactics. Each service has a database to help you find new prospects and analytics for tracking your results. Their messaging services and workflows are very different.
Every business will not only work differently, but will approach manual outreach differently. The software you use will affect how your business moves forward approaching these things, so while any of these softwares can help you accomplish your goals, they will each change how you work and ultimately affect your success so the choice is fairly important. To make a more personalized choice, testing them out for an hour or two can make a big difference. On NinjaOutreach and BuzzStream, you can take advantage of their free trial period, and with Pitchbox you can schedule a free demonstration. These offers will give you a lot more information on the usefulness of these softwares for your company’s specific needs.